SUMMARY: Responsible for filling stores' orders in an accurate, safe and productive manner consistent with corporate policies, standard as well as state and federal laws.
Starting pay is $14.00 per hour and a potential top pay of $22.00 per hour once the employee reaches the productivity rate.
Weekend shift or evening shifts available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or the other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, pallets, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills and bills, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, or other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weigh or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Attaches identifying tags of labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Loads truck.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power jack.
- Operates industrial pallet jack or power forklift to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This position's basic purpose is to use all available resources to assist the warehouse in continuous growth and financial success.
Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG) is a retailer-owned cooperative serving over 2300 retail member stores with a complete assortment of grocery, fresh meat, fresh produce, specialty foods, health care, and general merchandise items. Through an extensive distribution network and nine distribution centers, AWG and its subsidiaries deliver to over 2900 retail outlets in more than 30 states. AWG provides its retail members, many of them family-owned businesses, with assistance in establishing a strategic position in their marketplace that builds upon their unique strengths. Our procurement and marketing departments are positioned to assist members in developing plans to excel in virtually any effort, and resources are structured to provide support services that allow members the best opportunity to win at retail. AWG has been distributing success since 1924 and sales have grown steadily since then.